Finally! The day to celebrate has come, for today I received my first ever Glossybox!
WHAT IS GLOSSYBOX?
Glossybox is a monthly subscription service. Five deluxe beauty miniatures have been carefully selected by a team of beauty experts and delivered straight to your door. The content and theme of the boxes are a surprise. Glossybox uses the beauty profile to send you products most suited to you. The value of the products you receive are always worth more than you have paid for.
As well as the monthly Glossybox we offer one off Exclusive Editions Boxes and Flashboxes which explore one theme or brand in depth. Subscribers can buy special boxes and get a special subscriber discount before they become available to everyone. The content of Flashboxes and Exclusive Edition boxes is published beforehand and is therefore not a surprise.
Now we’re all on the same page let’s start unboxing! Firstly the box I received was the original pink one and looks very cute. I was expecting more from this box to be honest as it’s their third birthday so was shocked with the packaging, thought it was going to be themed but never mind.
As you open the box you get a card with info of the items inside and your goodies wrapped in tissue paper with a bow, so cute!
Down to the fun part now, the goodies!
1. Kryolan For Glossybox which is a highlighter cream in cashmere. This is a full size product retailing for £12.95. I’ve never had anything from Kryolan but have heard good things about them. Reading off the card this highlighter is lightweight and gives a glossy finish.
2. Figs & Rouge Mini Hand Cream. Believe this is a full product which cost £6.95 and the packaging is so cute. Ingredients include shea butter, natural antioxidants and algea extract, leaving hands soft and nourished with a sweet smell. It’s 80ml and will fit nicely in my bag as I don’t give much love to my hands.
3. Yves Rocher Pink Nail Polish. Don’t think this is full size but the retail price for 3ml is £3.60. This is the birthday bonus in the box and looks very pretty. It’s a basic colour, not much to say but can never have enough pinks!
4. Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. This is a miniature whereas the retail price for 250ml is £38. Meant to be used before shampoo and conditioner to give hair elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine without feeling heavy. This is for all hair types but if you have fine hair (like me!) it’s best to shampoo twice after rinsing this product.
5. Lalique L’Amour. I’ve had a smelled this and must say it’s very nice, not too overpowering. Full size 50ml costs £67 and can be purchased at Boots.
6. All That Jazz Cuticle Balm. Another full size product costing £11.99, ingredients include beeswax and cocoa which lock in moisture while vitamin A, C and D in sunflower oil helps hydrate and soften nails.
Conclusion: It’s a great bargain for £10 but only for beauty crazed people. If you’re not one for being creative and experimenting then it’s best to stay away. I’m more of a makeup person so might get a few more boxes. However, where the focus is on every beauty aspect I fear I’m going to waste money on items I won’t use.
Want a review? Leave me a comment telling me which one and if you have any other products you want me to try.